Founded in 2010, is a private investment company with a portfolio of 6 SME’s looking to acquire niche market companies in the industrial manufacturing and distribution sectors. Since April 2011 the group has grown from two to six trading businesses, with turnover increasing from £10m to £60m with a pre-tax profit of £8m. The company currently employs over 150 people. The company aims to grow and develop businesses through investment capital and add-on acquisitions.
About the Acquirer
- Greg Hutchings is an experienced individual who has previously built and run a FTSE 100 industrial conglomerate
- Aims to build a substantial family business group for the long term;
- Considerable experience of running and developing industrial manufacturing and distrioution companies.
- Looking to acquire (not trade or strip} a number of small UK based businesses;
- Keep businesses autonomous,not absorbed or merged within any group;
- Significant personal cash resource to fund potential acquisitions- no need for bank debt/credit committees;
- Seeks to grow & develop any acquired business with investment capital and add-on acquisitions;
- Would like to retain and encourage existing management;
- Non-bureaucratic and quick decision making.
We are looking to acquire businesses matching the following criteria:
- Companies involved in industrial manufacturing/distribution
- Well established and profitable (EBIT around £1m- £3m pa)
- Strong NAV
- Limited goodwill
- No/little debt
- Positive cash flow
- Preferably operating within a niche market
- UK based
- Add-on (to existing subsidiaries} acquisitions (smaller EBITs than group acquisitions)